View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 05:26 AM
tommyroadrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dropping the R/T

Just dropping height by installing Eibach springs may result in excessive compression of the stock shock absorbers resulting in premature failure, like 6 months. This conclusion comes from other website commentary. As for me, upgrading shocks and springs simultaneously is the solution, albeit a very costly solution. Sounds like $2000 to get closer to SRT handling and dropping an inch or so. Yikes!!

A very similar scenario seems to be reality regarding exhaust upgrades-sounds like $2000 for a more pleasing tone and very minimal increase in RWH on the dyno. Yikes!!

As an asice, my 09 R/T 6 speed in black, built 9/24, is riding the rails heading west. Russ Ficek of Timberline Dodge tells me VinWin looses accuracy quite often after the vehicle goes into the custody of the railroad. Hence, my baby could be here next Friday based on his previous experience, instead of the 20th per VinWin!!! Russ is getting this plug as he is a lifelong car enthusiast himself and has been exemplary to deal with. The highest recommendation is given...