View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Paladin06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The final pictures.....

No pics..
ORIGINAL: TaylorSF

OK,
I kind of thought just drilling holes in the scoop plug would be bad.

I assumed it would let water get trapped between the hood and subhood assembly, bascially a moisture sandwich in the middle of hood.

After seeing the "funnel" hood scoop insert, I realized thats how you get air into the engine compartment, and water to drip down, all while just going through the funnel and never being allowing to be free in space between the top and bottom of the hood.

I have spent a decent amount of time with my car today.

I figured out a no damage potential way to get out the hood grille "plugs" on my RT.

you can see into the scoop just fine now.

Here I turned the plug around so you can see it is indeed just a plug, and obviously no air getting through.

Here you can see, on the bump, the hole I mentioned in my earlier post that I could feel.

Behind the "hole on a bump" you can see the rectangular hole

That rectanular hole is a look from above, in the scoop, of the bottom left rectangular hole you see here in the bottom of the hood.

I am thinking of trying to find and buy the SRT scoop funnels to make my hoods functional.

If I drill my scoop plugs, attache flexible venting, and put that in it will be a lot cheaper. Not sure what route I will go yet. Maybe I need to look at rummage sales for old vacuum cleaner attachments.

Feel free to share the pictures and link the post for others.

The main reason I join a forum is to share information.

The last thing I will share is that functional hood pins are going to be a bear on this. The closest good anchor for the pins is several inches back from the front of the hood. The area the pin needs to go through will be the inner hood, a few inches of space, then the top of the hood. I'll let someone crack the code on that issue and post their pics.