View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 04:30 AM
mopar2ya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you avoid watching the news?

Caught a little football with my son yesterday... good news/bad news. Hawks got clobbered... bad news... Steelers pulled down another W... good news. Then... lets see... watched a little TV when I went to bed... found it is the one thing that will put me to sleep quicker than anything.

That"s about the extent of my routine TV watching. As for news I figure I stumble across what I need to know during the day. Most people are happy to share what they saw on the news so I figure I hear about the important stuff.

I look up the local weather in the morning to see what the day is going to bring in that regard... and listen to the goof-balls on the classic rock station on my way to work which usually puts a grin on my face on the way. As for news... I don"t really see the need to get bombarded by all the doom and gloom and garbage for a solid hour on end so don"t bother watching. There"s enough negative in our regular routines that it naturally balances out with the positive... all that extra bad news would just throw things out of balance.

New Challenger in the garage though has definately kept the scale tilted in the positive direction lately... I would highly recommend one to those who haven"t gotten thiers yet...

BTW... have a positive day...