View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 06:58 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tightening of Credit?

Money/Loans are still out there for those who have "good credit". Regardless of what the news people keep telling us. However, if you don't have a good credit rating you are going to have a tough time getting a loan.....but isn't that how it should be anyway? If your credit rating is poor, then you should be working on paying off debt, not appling for new debt/loans.
Most of us have learned that living above your means has it's drawbacks...no extra cash to take that weekend trap, buy that [whatever] you've always wanted....etc. The lucky ones learn their lesson the first time...others take a few times before they learn.
And, don't count on others [dealers] to keep you from over stepping your financial limitations...they are in the market to sell cars, and if you are willing to sign on the bottomline...they will sell you a car if they can whether you can make the payments or not is not their concern...just the sale.
When I started looking for my new Challenger, the first dealer wanted a "non-refundable" deposit to hold the vehicle, then the story changed to "can't hold the car for any amount" but you can sign a binding contract to get the vehicle if you would like, before it's sold (they had a dozen people who were going to buy it...funny thing is they called me later in the week to see if I was still interested...wonder what happened to the dozen?) I left that dealer and never went back.....
I have my SRT Challenger purchased from another dealer at a better price and was treated better as well....I got it because I have good credit...
Did I need the new Challenger...no (well, maybe)...did I want it...OH YES!