Thread: so...
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: so...

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

I'm glad to hear your taking this so well. Is your wife taking it well also? My mom has the worst time when I return to school. I keep telling her she needs to get a job to keep herself busy to help her but she doesn't want to. My dad is normally in a bad mood so he is hard to read at times. I know my dad has always wanted to move where I'm currently at but hasn't due to work and for my mom (he must really love her a lot to stay in that stupid town near her nutty relatives...okay rant off).

You sound like you've done a great job as a father. Congrats to you, Jeremiah.
Actually, my wife is totally fine with it. I guess I am just a softy that way. The wife actually does work at a school so she keeps busy.

As far as being a father, I just let God help me do that job. You have to love your kids and have a great relationship, show them God's way then you can
put up barriers for them to follow. Most parents these days don't put up barrier and if they do they expect them to follow them without have a great relationship first.

Of course, then kids rebel.

Can you imagine a football game without rules, the game would be in disarray and dangerous and players would get hurt or killed. Well, that is what is happening to our
kids that are not loved (the reason gangs happen is they want to be part of a family) and don't have rules......they are getting killed.

You know when you let yourself be God centered and not self centered, it is amazing how life goes so much smoother and blessings are sent your way.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.