View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 12:45 PM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: so...

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

the stratus...i bought fancy slotted/drilled rotors with new ceramic pads, and i painted my calipers...looks nicer now...

i also did alot of work to her truck...new exhaust, "super high flow cat", MSD 6AL ignition and coil, underdrive pulleys, AC delete, electric fans, performance computer, cai...
Nice! are the slotted/drilled rotors for looks or do they help with braking as well.

Sounds like Amanda's truck will be one fun truck to drive. BTW, I know an AC delete improves performance and fuel economy, but what will she do during the summer time, or do you guys live in an area where it doesn't get very hot?
we had several days over 100 here this summer..not hot by techman's standards, but still pretty hot! the stratus has a kickin AC system, and we work from home, so any time that we venture out of the house is usually in the evening...the AC hasnt worked for years either...and the problem to fix the AC is under the dash and to give you an idea of how much of a PITA it is to fix, i think that the dealership charges something liek 6 hours...[:'(] so no AC it is...the compressor is free spinning, so it doesnt take much power if it isnt engaging, which it will not, but that compressor weighs something like 24 pounds, and for drag racing the most damaging weight is over the front wheels...

the stratus brakes were STOCK...and i consider 4.5 years and around 60,000 out of stock brakes, especially considering how i drive, to be pretty good..the OEM rotors are very expensive, and i found this company that sells the "performance" rotors, and it does stop better...

TechmanBD:

Damn, her truck must kick arse. Is it 4x4? I miss my 96 Ram I had. It was green, standard cab, 4x4 with the 5.2L. Those are the years I really liked the look of. Now I don't with the newer models.
Now I am depressed . You made me think of my old truck. I am going to go home and to bed.
no, it is a 2WD...id like for it to run in the 14s with the stock trans, and the experienced 2nd gen ram racers say that it will run at least high 14s, but i am a pessimist...ill settle for 14.99.

a few weeks ago we took the truck to a REALLY awful local track, and i had put the stock stuff back on, with the intention of getting a baseline, then swapping parts and such, but i forgot the box of parts to swap...it ran 15.50s with the stock computer, stock pulleys, AC, stock ignition, and stock rims with 32" truck tires...we will be running it in a few weeks at a much better track, and it will have 26" drag radials on it, giving it better traction, and the much smaller tires should effectively change the final drive from 392 to 419...which should make a tremendous difference, plus the computer, pulleys, AC delete, and ignition should really help..i have also tuned it up since then..those 15.50s runs were with plugs that were 6 years old...[:'(]