Old 10-17-2008, 10:20 AM
fatcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

flyingfitz, please try and listen to us on here who have experienced the same thing as you. Many members on here know of the many RANTS I posted about my year long search and failure to buy, place a deposit on , or get a dealer to write an order for a 2008 SRT 8 , or a 2009 R/T . Finally after searching the country wide from home here in NJ to as far as Florida, New Orleans, St Loius, Detroit, Penna, and New York areas, I finally got a local dealer to place an order on May 15th of this year. That order remained in BX status for almost 3 months. I was afraid I was never going to get any Challenger. Then it went to D status where it was stuck for another 2 months. The dealer finally gave me a Vin no. and around the 1st week in Sept it started to move to I status and then about 2 weeks later it moved quite quickly on thru delivery to the states then to my local rail yard and finally on the 26 th of Sept to my dealer and me. All that time I to had a check in my hand for $35,000 .
Now ,why I'm asking you to hold on a little longer is , I also was at the point of cancelling my order and now I'm so glad I didn't because My R/T is such an awesome car which is better so far than any other new car I've owned including a C-6 Corvette, and It gives me an awesome feeling along with a big grin that makes the total frustration and long agonizing wait well worth every minute. So unless for some compelling reason you have to give it up, PLEASE keep the faith that it will come eventually and I promise you you will be so glad you did!!!! Good luck to you, Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: flyingfitz

I am almost finished with this experience.

I have had my R/T on order since June. The dealers stock vehicles have come and gone. I just learned that another customer that ordered an R/T in September will be receiving his within the month. I still do not have a VIN. This is no longer any fun.

I have talked to the dealer at all levels and went through the motions at Dodge. No one seems to have a clue.

I have been following the development of this car for a couple of years and standing here with a check for 35 grand since June. I am wondering why I am still trying to do business with an organization this incompetant. I wouldn't in any other area of my life.

Fitz