Old 10-17-2008, 04:48 PM
mopar2ya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

ORIGINAL: flyingfitz
I am almost finished with this experience.
I have had my R/T on order since June. The dealers stock vehicles have come and gone. I just learned that another customer that ordered an R/T in September will be receiving his within the month. I still do not have a VIN. This is no longer any fun.
I have talked to the dealer at all levels and went through the motions at Dodge. No one seems to have a clue.
I have been following the development of this car for a couple of years and standing here with a check for 35 grand since June. I am wondering why I am still trying to do business with an organization this incompetant. I wouldn't in any other area of my life.
Fitz
Fitz... Many Many of us here on this forum can 100% understand and relate to your frustration. Those of us who held out can also attest to the fact that all said and done... at the end of the day The Car is DEFINATELY WORTH THE WAIT. Do what you must to understand that Dodge has done a very dysfunctional job of processing orders for the Challenger. No doubt about it!! I personally have watched many members agonize endlessly over the status of thier orders. A few that come to mind are FatCat, 70sguy, BirdDog... along with many others. I have heard these members cuss Chrysler to no end... swear they would never buy another Mopar product if it was the last car on earth... rant endlessly at the piece of _____ company that would operate this way... etc.. etc..

We have all worked very hard together to try to keep focused on the issue at hand... the Challenger. We have been a quasi support group to one another to help keep the focus on... the Challenger. We have tried to encourage each other to hold the course and keep our sights on the target... the Challenger. And in the end, the ONE thing I can tell you with 100% accuracy is that there is not a member here who after receiving thier Challenger wouldn"t say...
WOW... THE CAR IS MORE THAN I EVER COULD HAVE IMAGINED... DON"T ANYBODY GIVE UP... IT IS SO WORTH THE WAIT!!!
If you question whether or not you have a legitimate order call your dealer and get the VON #. Then call Chrysler with that number and see if you can find out what is going on with your order. 1-800-992-1997 is the number if you don"t already have it. If you can ask your dealer have him call his Chrysler Regional and/or District Managers and find out what is going on with your order. If he cannot provide answers take your money to another dealer. Whatever you do though... unless circumstances have changed and you cannot take the delivery for whatever reason... DO NOT GIVE UP!!

If this car has a fraction of the interest it had with me STICK IT OUT!!

IT IS DEFINATELY WORTH THE WAIT!! NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!

Good Luck... and by all means keep us posted. Feel free to whine, snivel and vent as much as you want... JUST DON"T GIVE UP!

What is it they say... Winners never quit... quitters never win...

Cheers Bro!! Hang in there...