View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 04:03 PM
RoswellGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger battery

It's in the trunk, right? While cleaning the car today, I happened to notice that there is no keyhole for the trunk. I got to thinking about what you would have to do to change the battery if the key fob does not work.

1. Remove the emergency key from the base of the fob.

2. Open the driver's side door, since it is the only one with a keyhole.

3. Reach across the car and unlatch the passenger door.

4. Go around the car, open the passenger door and slide the seat forward (remember, the battery is shot, so you could not move the driver's seat forward).

5. Pull the backs of the rear seat down (better do both sides, since this probably will take some room to work in).

6. Assuming you do not have a bunch of stuff in it that you would have to unload from inside the car, crawl part-way into the trunk till you can reach the emergency release on the inside of the trunk. Naturally, it is located right by the trunk latch itself, so it's as far as you could possibly put it from the rear seat.

7. If you are not Snakeboy and can't crawl through the trunk itself, somehow wiggle back out the passenger door.

8. Walk around to the rear of the trunk, lift the mat and lift the covering over the battery to access the failed item.

Did I miss anything? Who designs stuff like this???? [:@]