View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 05:52 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAMARO PRICING LEAKED!

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

it wasnt the rich man muscle car...it just happened to be more expensive than the others.... but muscle cars have always been lots of hp for a bargain.
It wasn't a rich man's muscle car, but some of the options seemed to be...such as the Hemi which was almost $1,000.00..a lot of money back then for basically a de-tuned racing engine that was hard to keep in top tune. My 70 Challenger 440 RT/SE had every option but sunroof, rear spoiler, or Dana. Had everything else such as cruise control, power windows, steering, brakes, top of line AM/FM stereo, Auto, AC, rear window defroster, 6-way seat.....this car more than likely sold for close to $5,000.00, new..a lot of money for a "muscle car" when Lincolns and Cads were in the same price range! However, while most Challengers came better equiped than most Camaros...my Challenger was the exception to the rule as most were not loaded with this many power robbing options.
The 70 Challenger came late to the came and Dodge offered everything they could to help sales....you could have it your way...for sure...cruiser or racer...
**Also when I was in High School you could find bargin muscle cars on the back row of used car lots...I may have missed the performance years...but I got to buy what others quickly grew tried of, and at a great price....
***It was truly the best of times to be into performance cars........................