View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 08:40 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAMARO PRICING LEAKED!

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

The 70 Challenger came late to the came and Dodge offered everything they could to help sales....you could have it your way...for sure...cruiser or racer...
^^^
See I like that statement right there... The only problem is this time around they tried to take the racer (SRT) and make it fully optioned... Those are the several thousand dollars that I can't and won't spend...
I mean lets be serious here the difference between 30k and 40k is a whole lot, and even over 5 years it's still a lot...
Times are very different from the 70s...a street racer from the factory has a limited market...No car company is going to try and sell a car marketed at street racing.....I remember the heat Ford took for one of their printed adds that showed a group of young guys hangin in a garage with their new Ford (whatever it was) surrounded by speed parts. The S- hit the fan, as people said Ford was promoting street racing! The Challenger was sold as a performance car with the looks of the old muscle car....not a street racer. It was targeted at a larger customer base, which means adding all the goodies to make everyone (well most everyone) happy. The 08 was always going to be a "Limited Edition" with all the goodies....If people have a problem with that....then buy an 09 RT with less options and a lower price tag..
I guess I am missing the point of why the negative towards the SRT...sure it carries a high price tag but I could say the same thing about a few high level foreign super cars I would love to own...but am unwilling to pay the price of admission....It all comes down to what's best for YOU, and what YOU can afford...same as the 1970s..........