View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 12:20 PM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAMARO PRICING LEAKED!

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

what im saying is I want the 6.1 I just don't want to pay for leather the sound packages and an upgraded stero... you could make a case for the SRT wheels too, what if they had a delete for that???
Why do I have to buy an R/T 5.7 to not get leather... This car isn't a Corvette right??? [&:]
I guess I could make the case that things were the same back in 1970 (to a point);
In order to get leather seats, you had to order the SE package...but what if you didn't want the small back window? To bad (although a few "regular" Challenger got leather without the SE package...but they were exception as that was not suppost to be the case....just like the four Superbirds with power windows) And, you had to take a vinyl top as part of the package.
In order to get the HEMI, you had to accept the Dana rearend and heavy duty suspension as part of the package (dumb not to, but just another case of having to take something else in order to get what you want).
I am sure that there are other examples, but hopefully you can see what I mean.
There are many "Package Car" offered by the various car manufacturers that have options not available
on "regular" models...the 6.1 is offered on the SRT package only...and that's the way Chrysler wants it...it's their top engine and they want it in their top model.
You had to order an SS Camaro to get a big block back in the day...it's the same thing..I know it doesn't help you get your 6.1 in an RT...but...that's life. And there is hope for you, even if it's small...you can delete the hood decal...perhaps other "deletes" will be allowed in the future (if there is one for the Challenger). The best course of action would be to make friends with someone at Chrysler and talk them into allowing you to do what you want.....but good luck on that one...
(**This is all just my two cents, ok maybe ten cents....not trying to be a jerk or anything.......)