View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 08:24 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Latest Chrysler Chapter

Great I just put my razor blades away....and you had to post more "good news" about Chrysler

Here is my two cents:

I'm not sure that Chrysler needs GM more than vice versa. It seems to me that GM needs Chrysler's 11 billion dollars to keep afloat through next year. The merger for Chrysler has virtually no upside for Chrysler. While with Cerberus, there seems to be support for Chrysler to make a turnaround on its own merits. Let’s face it Cerberus is only looking at the bottom-line…if Chrysler can turn a profit then Cerberus will keep it together for while longer, if not they will continue to look at getting out from under the company.
Ok, so the government steps in and helps this merger along. To which Cerberus says to the government thank you. But, first we are a private company so we don’t report to you. And, secondly we are now going to close a lot of plants and kill off several brands. Which means the US Government would be directly responsible for more lost jobs. Then next you get Ford stepping up and saying "Um… what about us? We haven’t merged or owned a mortgage company or even begged for cash". So then Ford will start to fail under the weight of the cash enhanced mess that is General Mopar. It’s a big mess, that may get a lot bigger before it’s all over….and I don’t see any clear winners………….sad..