View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 09:30 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealers Closing

ORIGINAL: kramtrah

It really is all about consolidating their dealerships to Chryler/Jeep/Dodge and not stand alones, all of which the three here is Seattle were. The dealership I have my SRT on order, they have recently moved from a stand alone, Dwayne Lanes Dodge, and moved under their Chrysler/Jeep dealership, Dwayne Lanes Dodge/Chryler/Jeep, a mile or so down the road. Now if they can only survive merger talks. Long live the MOPAR Gang!
Well frankly, I don't see why a dealership shouldn't be allowed to make their own call on that. For example, I think it would be an extremely stupid idea to threaten a dealership where we have bought a couple cars from that has been in business since 1914! For those of you who don't know this, that predates Jeep and Chrysler. Now they sell Dodge and Chrysler; however, they do not sell Jeep and considering how popular they are and how fast they sold Challengers, Chrysler would be foolish to threaten to shut them down, just because they do not believe it would be in their own best interest to sell Jeeps as well. It would be a blow to Dodge heritage to threaten to shut down an original Dodge dealership.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts