Thread: Magnetix
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Billionaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnetix

I made this icosahedron with Magnetix just now! It's a 20-sided polyhedron. Each side is a triangle. This is one of the most popular construction toys. It's really fun, easy, relaxing, and fascinating to build stuff with these. The pieces just click together easily due to the strong magnets. You can make a wide variety of structures. I had to do some thinking to figure out how to build this icosahedron. It's like solving a puzzle. So it would be something good for kids to use their brains on and explore 3d geometry and develop their spacial thinking skills. It's great for adults too. I think this would make a great gift for Christmas or whatever. I think these are way better than action figures. I used to buy action figures but then I realized they're no good because you can't do anything with them and I got rid of almost all of them. Now if I buy a toy it's only something that has good actual play value.

They had a 250 piece set of Magnetix for only $27 at Kaybee, so I bought it. It would cost at least double that much on Amazon, but they don't have this set. I don't like the sets they have on Amazon. They also have 150 piece glow-in-the dark set at Kaybee for $17 and I'm gonna get that too. These are really great deals. Walmart may have good prices on them too.