View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 10:13 AM
RoswellGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Surprise Surprise Surprise!!!!!

ORIGINAL: brucer41

Trunk
The trunk is huge compared to the wife’s Mustang. One thing that will be hard to live with is no spare tire. I could always go buy another tire and put it in the trunk to ease my fears but we shall see. The sub is nicely tucked away and so is the battery under the floor panel with the tire pump. Plus of course there is room to put some tools like reflectors and or anything else you use for safety if you breakdown.

I would suggest going ahead and having your dealer order the spare (plus a jack PLUS a hold-down bracket) for you. I tried going the full-size spare route. It's amazing how much room a tire for a Challenger takes up in the trunk. What the dealer will do (when you FINALLY get the spare...they're in short supply) is remove the entire holder for the air pump (it's made of styrofoam...no great loss) and mount the spare and jack in that space. Make sure you tell the dealer to order the hold-down bracket. Mine didn't, and he wound up stealing one off a Charger on the lot, since Dodge neglected to automatically send the item. At any rate, I now have a compact spare for use if I get a flat away from the house and a full-size spare in my garage that I can use if I get one here. I did keep the air pump in the trunk, just in case I'd need it. Kinda like wearing suspenders and a belt.