View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 04:50 PM
caj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unbelievable experience

Here's a good one. I've talked to a salesperson Scott F______ at P______ S__ C_____ Dodge in St George, Utah about a dozen times in the last 3 weeks. They had an R/T there that was marked up $5k over msrp. It didn't sell and they ended up doing a dealer trade to a dealership in Vegas. Their prices are obviously high so I've also been shopping a price on the internet and found a great guy in Richfield, Utah who is willing to sell me an R/T for invoice. Another great salesman in SLC, Utah will sell for $500 under invoice (the salesperson said that it was virtually fleet price) but adds on $300 for DOC fees...but still a little cheaper by $200 overall. I was trying to be a nice guy and buy from my local dealership here in St George and I let Scott F______ know that I would like to support the local economy and keep my cash money here in the town of St George. You wouldnt believe how rude he got with me on Friday (10-31) when I called him. I told him that I wanted to order today (wanted my order placed in October) and wanted to order from him and would he match the price. He said he would check with the sales mgr and call me back. An hour and a half later he calls. He says that for one day and one day only, he can reduce the price one thousand over invoice for an ordered Chally. I told him "why should I pay you one thousand over invoice when I can get it for $200 under invoice and I have to wait the same amount of time wether I order from you or anyone?" It's not like he's got a Chally in stock that I want....it's a factory order. Now he gets pissy and says that he's going to call all the dealerships in the area to see who's selling at fleet price and then report them and I'm also not the type of customer that their dealership wants to sell to....amongst other things. I kept my cool only because I'll probably have to bring the Chally into his dealership for service and dont want sub-par service (although I'll probably be getting sub-par service anyway from what I've heard from people that have bought there in the past). What a jerk. I'd really like to report the dweeb. I've never been treated so rudely at a dealership and I've been to many over the years....I'm 56. Anyway, I promptly called the dealership in Richfield, Utah and placed my order. I paid the extra $200 because of logistics and Joe is a super knowledgeable guy...also the owner. You can't beat buying directly from the owner.