View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 12:57 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: G.M/Chrysler merger talks

Chrysler has run out of comebacks? It took Lee Iacocca more than just one year to turn Chrysler around. The people running Chrysler inherited a lot of flawed models, they barely have had the chance to do anything that earth shattering. In fact, I think they have done a good job considering what they were given. The LX cars have improved quite a bit under their management. Fuel economy has improved significantly in several of their models. The Ram they are releasing is the best attempt Dodge has produced since 1994. The Challenger is selling. The Charger and 300 are still selling. The minivans although they could use some improvements are selling. The fact is they just need more time.

The thing that I question is this philosophy that if Chrysler and GM get together that it will solve all of their problems. This part of the reason why GM is in the shape that they are in. They bought Saab and that didn't fix anything nor did the arrangement with Daewoo. GM's arrangements with Isuzu, Suzuki, and Toyota didn't equal success for them. Why would this be any different?

I also think that in the case of what Meyers had to say, he is "jumping the gun." We don't know how Chrysler will do once Chrysler's new V6 engine line is produced. One of Chrysler's key weaknesses will be addressed by these engines as they are rumored to be very powerful, very fuel efficient, and very refined and quiet and cost effective to build. Chrysler has also been investing more into interior designs and the new Ram is a fine example that it appears to be paying off. I think Chrysler is on the verge of bouncing back. We just need to give them more time.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts