View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:28 AM
RoswellGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air-powered cars

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

This article is a little confusing. Are they saying now that the car now has a conventional engine to keep itself aired up so then it can travel 800 miles as opposed to only 60. Also, they said it could travel at highway speeds, what exactly are highway speeds? I hope that a top speed of 35mph which probably takes a while to achieve is not their definition. At this point, a car like this might work in large cities, but it would not work throughout the rest of the country where the speed limits are at least 55mph and you have to commute over 60miles one direction. Another question that arises is how will this thing hold up as it ages. I know air compressors tend to grow weaker and have trouble maintaining and holding pressure as they grow older. If it works, great, but I'm not sure if it is really that practical just yet.
I believe they mean that JUST running on the compressed air in the tank, the car could go for 60 miles if you didn't travel faster than 35 mph. The article is poorly worded, however, which makes it confusing.