View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 05:16 AM
caj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best price in So Cal area

ORIGINAL: davecpa

Dude that is $1,500 under MSRP...on a car that most dealers are asking $5,000 to $8,000 over MSRP.. good luck .... if you are that cheap you may want to wait and buy a used one on e-bay...but some guy on here named cjay says he got one for $200 under invoice in utah
I placed my order on 10/31 from a dealer in central Utah. He is the owner of the dealership and a great guy to work with. It was all done over the phone. There was absolutely no haggling. Right off the bat I was quoted invoice and that's what I paid....no more, no less. I decided not to order from the other dealer that was $200 under invoice because of two reasons. First of all, I think it's a great asset buying from the owner and having his signature on the sales agreement and second was distance. There was no haggling with the other dealer either and he was a great guy also. I can't say enough about either one of them. I obtained internet quotes using Edmunds.com and put in various zip codes through-out the state. I also put in various zip codes in the nearby states of Nevada and Arizona. In this economy times are slow and the DUMB dealers will try and sell their Challys all day long at $5k-$8k over MSRP. Will they get it?.....Maybe from people that are not "that cheap" to pay it. I do not consider myself cheap but I do consider myself a smart consumer, especially in this economy....and I don't want to give my hard earned $$$$ away unnecessarilly. I have no problem spending 5-6 hours getting quotes on the computer if it's going to save me $$$$. If anyone wants the names of the two great dealers that I've dealt with, contact me. I'm not affiliated with either of them and I don't make any sort of "kick-back". My satisfaction is simply helping the good dealers (that I know of) make some sales (and not go under) in this rotten economy. Or do your own homework and do searches using Edmunds.com. One word of advice.....stay away from the Dodge dealer in St George, Utah.......DUMB dealer.