Old 11-07-2008, 07:58 AM
joeyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Winning in the magazines doesn't equal success

I read the same article. Some points:

1. The G8 is supposed to be canned soon.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=134167

2. Pontiac is the red-headed step child of GM, what is its identity? a Merger that would captialize on the brand equity of Dodge would be better overall for the company. A G6 could be rebadged and redesigned as an Avenger or stratus, the calber/vibe could be combined, and GM could considering using some of the G8 tech in the Charger. What about making all 3-4 (challenger Camaro Charger G8) from the same or at at least similar platform?

3. I would like to see a chrysler work with Cadillac or even Saturn on their interiors.

4. I also agree that they need both the Challenger and Camaro, but I think they fear canniblization; they need to position one as upmarket and the other as a direct competitior to the new Mustang (which should be released this week) The camaro appears to have already taken the upmarket route.

5.I have fears that GM would just take Chryslers tech and spit everything else out if a merger is worked out.

6. The truck idea is interesting but I wonder how the bowtie faithful will take it.

On a another note CNN they said that GM has just enough money to make it through the year, lost 2.5 billion last quarter.