View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 11:59 AM
raj1980

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tranny Question

Thanks for your answers guys....

Just to clarify, when I am driving, I am in full automatic mode. It upshifts through the gears perfectly... the issue comes when I slow down. If full automatic mode, while I slow down, the transmission downsifts through the gears... it feels like a manual downshifting. The RPMs reflect this as well. I got the car in Aug, and I have 3000 miles on it, so I doubt I'm in a break-in period still. If this shouldn't be happening, then I guess I need to bring it to the dealer?

Also, just to clarify... The LSD is available as an option on the 2009 R/T automatic, and comes standard on the 2009 R/T 6spd and SRTs. Unfortunatly I did not know this and my R/T automatic is not LSD. However, I wouldn't pay extra for the type of LSD they have.... you are paying an awful lot for them to give you the same open carrier. The LSD on thee cars are a standard open differential, with comuter programming that senses wheel slip and applies the brake to that slipping whell thereby transfering the power to the sticking wheel through the open diff. As for me, I'm going to start looking for a new carrier to put into this bad boy.