Old 11-12-2008, 08:51 AM
brucer41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skip shift eliminator for TR6060 trans?

I have found it at speedinc. for 19.00 part #IZM993). I have heard from other folks that this installs in a few mintues and works like a champ with no issues. Mine should have been here yesterday, probably show up tomorrow.

One person says:

I have installed the Speed Inc. Skip Shift Eliminator and I can tell you it was the best mod for the money I've done. I hated
to be forced into 4th gear (usually around tight corners when pulling out into traffic).
Easy to install and it works. You still see the indicator light come on but no lockout. Yeah!

And another:
I installed the skip shift eliminator tonight in my R/T. The 1-4 light does come on, but now it will go right in to second gear like it should.

The install is a snap:

1. Locate the plug on the transmission. Find the sturdy aluminum cross member that supports the tranny and look straight up. You'll see the plug there on the drivers side of the tranny.

2. Unplug the two wire harness from the transmission and plug it into the eliminator.

3. Plug the other end of the eliminator into the transmission and you're done.

You could actually skip step 3 since that end of the eliminator doesn't do anything, but it looks "finished" if you plug it in.