View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:57 AM
mot250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: disabling ESP (traction control)

ORIGINAL: raj1980

I have push start and automatic, so it may not even work for me...

Can you say step-sy-step what you did?
I'm not understanding how you got it to turn off completly.

Thanks
I, too, have the keyless-go push button start feature. But you can convert to using the electronic key-fob as a "regular key" in the dash. There are instructions to do this in the owner's manual but I'll go through them here also.

Remove the metal "emergency" key from the key-fob and use it to gently pry out the push-to-start button from the dash starting at the bottom on the outside of the chrome ring around the button.

Then insert the rectangular end of the key-fob into the same slot in the dash. Turning the fob clockwise and releasing it like you would any other ignition key will start the car.

Once the car is running, the starter is disabled via a solenoid. Get the car rolling to over 10 miles per hour in a forward gear and turn the key-fob again to the start position.

At that point, the radio will turn off. If you continue to hold the key-fob in the start position for a few seconds, the ESP/BAS warning lights on the dash will light up, then release the key-fob and your ESP is now fully disabled, at least for the manual trans R/T cars.

Let us know if it also works for the automatics.