Old 11-14-2008, 07:27 AM
fightergeneral

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here that never thought he would buy a Dodge.

I grew up a Chevy guy just like my father. I own a 2004 SSR and a 2008 Suburban. My father had nothing but Chevy in his life and I was going to get the new Camaro...beautifal car it is...I've seen the Challenger in concept form and liked it but was going to stick with Camaro until yesterday. I have a family now ,the kids are 6 and 8. I took my SSR for service and the local dodge dealer that was next to Chevy. I said what the hell, let me look at the Challenger. Up close it was beautiful and so big like I like em. I asked the sales rep to open her up and let me have a seat, but not in the drivers seat,( anyone can sit in the drivers seat). I sat in the rear seat and magically went back in time to the late 60's and early 70's when I was a little kid remembering my father's 65 chevelle coupe that was the family vehicle. Compared to the Mustang and New Camaro (seen personally too at auto shows) the rear sear was spacious. I had a tear in my eye (for real) and sat there for only half a minute but it felt like 40 years. I asked if I could see the trunk and it was huge almost like the old days. I was sold and put a deposit on the first 2009 Dodge Challenger RT Classic in B5 blue for this dealership just because I now considered this car a Great American Family Coupe or even better The American Family Muscle car. I thought I would never see this day again. I have not told my wife yet but she knows that I'm in the market for a family sedan. Boy will she be surprised at the family sedan I bought. My father who is in heaven now would approve. Thanks Dodge.