View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 03:28 PM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wanted: Detroit Leadership

Sorry but I dissagree. Let them file bankruptcy. That will force needed changes. Or a loan with forced changes. But with what I'm reading they (American Auto Industry Mngmnt) want the money but do not want any strings attached as to how they conduct business. Hands off approch. I see missmanagment over many years. They produce cars most americans can't afford, without a great deal of finacial stress. If we are a capitalist society then let the chips fall. I am all for american cars and want Dodge to survive... but where does it all end? I can see my already burdonsome taxes being increased for the first bailout and now the auto industry comes with their hands out. Next will be some other industry. Then whole states. I bring home !/2 of what I make now. Can I live off 1/4... guess we'll find out. As far as hard working americans go, I'm all for hard working americans. But with the UAW monopoly on the big three... I'm betting the U.nions won't budge an inch. They will go down in flames before they retreat. They care about themselves and to blazes with the hard working american people. The folks themselves need to get a reality check and be real honest with themselves as to what the job they do is worth the pay they get. If we let the natural process happen, in the end we will have lower priced cars and a leaner more efficiant process. I live in the South and the cotton industry was king... but no more. I saw no bailout for them and I see new industry coming in. It was painful, but a natural course and we are stronger for it. We are one of the fastest growing regions in america and our economy is stronger than when cotton ruled.