Old 11-19-2008, 04:54 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger SRT10: Get Out the Decoder Rings

Times are definitely changing and will continue to change for the foreseeable future…sadly the traditional “Muscle Car” is headed the way of the dinosaur. Like I said earlier, the performance car will still be with us, but the “Muscle car” will be history (again) in the near/short-term future, if the government gets it way.
Many use the terms performance car and muscle car interchangeably, but in my mind performance cars will give you the 0-60 times, top speeds, and handling, all without the “in your face” attitude ……whereas a muscle cars will give you that “kick in the pants” acceleration, and a real “feel” of power with attitude….unrefined and with no apologues. Sad thing is that in a time when muscle cars such as the new Challenger are becoming more refined and are actually burring the line between performance and muscle……they seem to be going away…..Today’s muscle cars can finally do it all…accelerate, handle, and brake…..and are actually able to drive and survive everyday driving conditions…..Today’s muscle cars are what we all wished our old muscle cars could have been…..the refinements are just 35+ years to late…………………
I will always long for the smell of burned rubber and high octane fuel…even years from now as they hand me the keys to my new electric car…..”Long live the Muscle Car!”

(Performance cars have just that…performance, but muscle cars have performance with a soul…………………)

(**Just my two cents….)