Old 09-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Allan Mulally Becoming the New Ford Executive

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

You don't know half of it as far as the actors. You want to talk about BS. They get payed all this money, but then where do they cut? Production and Post Production employees. My wife makes the same amount a year as she did 12 years ago. May be less soon. They keep F"N cutting the budget at the lower ends while the actors claim all this money. Then of course they expect the same quality of work. And it bugs my wife because she wants to do the best job. But say a show takes 6 days to cut. Now they want it in 5 days. And she has a hard time "letting it go" and not do an average job.
Remember part of the reason, they get paid so much is because we keep paying at the box office. Which is much the same reason athletes get paid such riducules
salaries. I am not so saying that this makes it right. It is all about supply and demand, the old marketing term which RLSH700 knows all too well.

Tell your wife this from the bible:

Ephesians 6:7 Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.