View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 06:27 AM
canadiancanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Problem with the car

So it has happened twice and I've had the car a week, at a dead stop, accellerate and then stop at the next set of lights after the transmission shifts through 3 gears, and then the check engine light starts flashing and binging, and the car starts to shutter, now the firts time it did this I was able to pull over, and shut the car completely down, waited 2-3 mins and fired it back up and the car ran fine, no check engine light on, and no shuttering. So yesterday I'm going back to work and I get to the corner to turn and the car does it again, this time I have to clear the intersection and the car has no power and a sound like there was a rapid firing air leak..... so I pulled off and again shut the car down, waited and started it up, and it fixed itself. Needless to say I get to the office and called my dealer for a service check.

I'm no mechanic but I'm thinking either 1 of 2 things - transmission shift sensor, or fuel system sensor? We'll see what the dealer says after a scan.

seemed odd, and the best part is I'm the first guy to have an oil change done on the Challenger and they don't even know how much it is???