View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Thor77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: zero to 60 MPH times?

I read that article too, and was quite surprised. Given that Dodge promised sub-6 sec 0-60, and we have examples here on the forums of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times better than Road & Track reports, I think they either got a car that wasn't quite running right, or just did not have a good test. Road and Track often seems to record competitive 0-60 times out there, but how to explain Motor Trend going 5.1 to 60, a Full Second faster????

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...lenger_rt.html

Albeeno, maybe we can find someone in your area with an R/T who would be willing to defend the honor of the Challenger at the strip. I really do not think the Mustang GT would pull on the Challenger R/T in a straight up, stock vs stock race. I would figure it as a winnable race for either driver that would be decided by launch and shifting.

On whether the R/T or the SRT is the enthusiast choice, I think any enthusiast with the bankroll would take the SRT. An enthusiast on a budget would do well with the R/T Track Pak and a couple of other options if needed. If you are going to buy an R/T with all the bells and whistles, and run the sticker up to 38-39K, there is no reason not to get the SRT, unless you really just don't want the extra power.