View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 10:04 AM
canadiancanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Problem with the car

RLSH007 - car is running Mid Grade fuel, only 2 tanks put in, first from the dealership and my most recent which was Wednesday evening. weather conditions are mild temps, -2C to +11C so normal to average temps.

So at the dealership, the car rolls in rumbling like a jack hammer, first thing the tech sees is a misfire. so he runs the diagnosis and gets no default code but a misfire in cyl #2. Turns car off and restarts and car runs fine, pulls the connector off the coil for #2 and the car shudders, thinks maybe it's a bad PCM. I leave it overnight.

The service dept. calls me today and advises me they found carbon build up on #2 and #4 plugs, and cyclinders #2 slight carbon, and #4 MAJOR build up. They have replaced the cylinders and coils on #2 & #4 and have ordered a new PCM which may be 1-8weeks from the US. So I'm, without a car for that long....

She says you do need to service these cars, to prevent this type of build up as this is signs of missed services?? I tell her I've owned the car for 2 weeks now and have only 1800kms on it, she pauses and says OMG really.... that sucks. I said you guys are doing an oil change on it as well, and she says oh....... I'm starting to lose my composer with the car and Dodge. Next is a call to Dodge Canada.