View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:42 AM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Addition to the Family

well, ill be honest, im sweating it out right now...im getting a great deal on the car, but the guy is waiting until the check clears on in a week before he will sign over the title. this car was an incredible find...and my luck has never been this good. i am honestly very very nervous that someone will somehow take it out from under me. if my luck changes, and the car does become ours next monday, my dad will be going to get it with the rollback, and at that time, pictures will be taken. the guy said that "a deposit is not needed...im a man of my word, and you said that you want the car, and the car is yours. as soon as the check clears, come on over to get it, and it will be yours"...so my fingers are crossed. the check will clear with no problem, but im concerned about something going awry, just because my luck has never been this good.

should we succeed, the best pictures will be from the rear, as the grille is in pieces. there are no headlights, and the bezels are in a box in the trunk.

one other nice thing, the 340 included with the car is not the numers matching 72 340, but its actually a 71 340. for those of you not up on your 340 history, the 71 had 35 more horsepower, so if that motor is good, i have myself a nice healthy 340. otherwise, it will likely get the 360 which i have had for a while.

the car comes with so many extra parts, we are going to have to throw out some stuff from the shop storage to make room for the new stuff...amanda actually asked the guy, "can we just get the car without the extras"...