View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 06:45 PM
epegasus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to Forum New to Mopar

Ahh the performance. The Challenger experience isn't in getting from 0 to 60 faster than any other car. It's the sound of a HEMI coming onto it's cam. That combined with the torque hit... and then another torque hit... and then that rush you get while revving through 5000 rpm. Many have complained about the weight but funny thing is, if the car were lighter the experience would go by so fast and furiously that the thrill of planting your foot and holding it down between shifts would be lost if you were constantly struggling to stay off the rev limiter. I've seen a lot of supercharged Challenger of late and they all bounce off the limiter way quick in the first few gears which is a shame. When I turn off the ESP the Challenger still behaves and thrusts instead of just lighting up the tires. That's the extra weight pressing that rubber to the ground.

Man, I love this car and it has only been 162 miles. I haven't even gotten close to red lining it and there's so much torque I can still have fun.

ORIGINAL: orangecrushSRT8

Tomorrow I pick up my Challenger SRT8, Hemi Orange. I am really looking forward to it. I have been mostly a GM owner for my entire life but I couldn't resist this new Challenger. I love the look and from what I hear, I am going to love the performance. I am enjoying reading all the posts from Challenger owners.