View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 12:19 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Dodge Ram

I haven't had a chance to test drive one yet, but from what I saw at the auto show looked very impressive. The interior appears to have had a huge jump in quality. The styling is a step back in the right direction. Those storage boxes were an excellent idea. The only thing I will say is, I'm disappointed that Dodge doesn't seem to get it that they need to keep up with Ford, GM, & Toyota in towing capacity. The 1500 are still a serious truck and needs to have serious effort put into that element. The Dakota is for lighter use but still capable, not the Ram. The other thing is I don't know why Chrysler still doesn't understand this very simple concept, but they need to learn that having a little more hp & tq means nothing if you don't have the right transmission offered in order to compete. That 545RFE gearing choices are illogical. It provides no real advantages than many of their competitors OUTGOING 4-speeds because they don't utilize the gearing that they have available. Having 4th .75 & 5th .67 is pointless. Just have .69 for such a small difference, they should have had a larger gap such as 4th .82 & 5th .62 to yield some noteworthy benefit. Better yet, why didn't they make a lighter duty version of the 68RFE for the Hemi as that was at least a full 6-speed with close gearing to yield a fuel economy and performance advantage. Also this idea of not having a manual anymore is a mistake. There are still people who prefer a manual to an automatic and I'm one of them.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts