View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 05:01 AM
epegasus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2010 challenger

I like your optimism. I wish everyone in the world, right now, thought more like you. We'd be out of this crisis, already. You are correct on most counts. Everyone who is speculating on this car's future value need to know it will take 15-20 years to realize. But remember this, just a few years after a new 70'ish Challenger (even with a street HEMI) the cars weren't worth half their $5k purchase price. And back then they weren't just low production lures. The new Challengers are niche cars made in relatively low production numbers when compared to the econo-boxes and minivans. Keep one well preserved and if muscle cars go out of fashion again, these cars will be valuable. Lucky for me, that will happen just about the time I'm ready to retire. I'm in good shape because I have a number of cars to spread my attention between. That keeps the miles off of any one car without me having to force myself to "go without" a thrill. I picked up a moderately used '00 Porsche 911, low miles '98 M Roadster, $5k '67 Mustang Fastback, some nice italian sportbikes and didn't pay more than the cost of a mid-level Toyota Camry for any of them. I drive a $6k VW GTI as a daily and we found a $22k BMW 3 series for the wife that only had 12k miles on it. This car game doesn't have to be hugely expensive if you do your homework and not let your heart lead your head.