View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 05:58 AM
epegasus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2010 challenger

Yeah the Porsche is SWEET! Only paid $25k for it. Rich Dr. upgraded and just wanted to get rid of it. He had more money than sense but i ain't conplaining. The M Roadster was the same way. Older lady got suckered by a BMW dealer. She had no business in that tiny car. Bought it for $22k with only 24k miles. Found the Mustang in the country. Bought it for $5k and it is now worth over $70k. It will be worth more when Carroll Shelby passes (hate to say that but that's how it works). A car nearly identical to mine went for over $150k at the last Barrett Jackson. I litterally stole my '02 RAM Sport when the dealership panicked about trying to get rid of a Manual shift, short wheelbase regular cab pick-up. I convinced them that I would be the only guy willing to buy it (which was probably true) and they dropped $7k off the sticker to get rid of it back in '01. Similar deals on a couple of Aprilia 1000 sportbikes, an '08 Ducati 1098 and an '04 MV Agusta F4 with racing motor. My strategy was this. I tended to buy a new Daily driver every couple of years anyway. I decided to get a cheap daily driver and keep it. Once it was paid for I used the payment money to buy the good deals. Luckily the GTI has been bullet proof dependable. Man, I love it when a plan comes together!!

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

Hey thanks EPEGESUS.... for the shout... I do believe what you said also, I wish more peeps were the same way man... Ohh and sounds like some killer deals you've gotten on your cars, smart and good buys... Some people don't understand the old saying what's good for the goose insn't always good for the gander...LOl... that's what "young working guy's" like me are dealing with... just a bunch of smoke and mirrors... I.E.. inflated prices for cars not worth it...
Dang I just read your post again 911??? Jeezus, for nothing Haha... see fellas... that's gotta be a fun one to drive...peace...