View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 07:55 AM
demort71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge shutting down

The following is in response to your post to my post, which was as follows:

So THAT's where the "dem" in your name comes from. I bet you're a man, too. There are a number of things I could counter you on with a lot of facts and figures that would just bore the pants right off of you and everyone else on this forum but why waste all that typing. Hey, just buy that Challenger as soon as you possibly can and I'll bet if there are any forum members who live close to you they'll happily buy you a round or two at a Challenger Meet & Greet. But, if you'd like for me to point out where your perspective is off, I'd love to oblige.

Thanks for the insulting and condescending reply. I can infer quite a bit about you from your first two sentences, but none of it would too flattering in my book.

I am sure you could give me all kinds of facts. You forget that facts are things that have already happened, not events that haven’t occurred or might occur. What we are talking about is the future and trying to predict it and there are can be no real facts out there to accurately predict something of this magnitude that hasn't happened! So your facts probably don't mean a whole lot.
How about telling us all something about your own work and educational background? Maybe then your facts might gain more credability.

Even if you feel you have a good inside track on the situation, such as talking to Chrysler employees, that doesn't even mean a whole lot, unless it's someone of Nardelli's stature or who serves on the board of Cerebus. Talking to lower or mid-level Chrys. mgt. employees (unless notice of something has been given) is simply stiring the rumor mill around. I'm sure most Chrysler employees have plenty of rumors to pass around right now, but not very many facts. It is pretty scary to be a Chrysler employee right now and I really do feel for every last one of them-white or blue collar, Democrat or Republican.

If you are simply pulling news releases off the internet, that isn't exactly first-hand knowledge or evidence either, is it? It's the "present" official word is all. Visiting Republican web sties and feeding on their propaganda doesn't do much for me, though it might get other Republicans excited.

I suggest you start typing. I reviewed your more recent postings on this question and there was nothing earth-shattering in any of those posts. I will be more gracious than what you were to me and say that your post were well-written. However, all you did was post official press releases from Chrysler and make a few comments. What I did was share my thoughts, which are based upon actual life and work experience and (hel yes) being a member of the UAW. Since you evidently don't give much credit to working class people, I hate to tell you that I most likely have way more formal (yes college degrees) and informal education and experience than what you have in business and/or manufacturing.

You challenged me, now either put up or shut up! Foregoing that, make an apology or explain exactly what your terse comments meant.

P.S. demo-rt-71 Get it?