View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 03:51 PM
blackblurr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saleen Challenger

ORIGINAL: epegasus

I called them yesterday and they quoted me $7k for the complete super-charger kit for the 6.1 shipped to my door. They did offer me a $500 introductory discount good thru the end of 01/09, but $6,500 just for the blower is a tad rich for 6lbs. of boost. The Dyno sheet showed a 149 RWHP gain. I figure that's $8k installed (you definitely want to have it professionally install incase a warranty issue pops up). It's completely self contained with intercoolers, low rpm by-pass (which should make the Turbo fans a little nervous), injectors, highly efficient twin screw configuration, and long runners should add some low-end torque.

From what I can see they designed a pretty cool system by simply flipping the blower upside-down. That helps place the bulky section down closer to the engine for a low profile stance. It also gave them a lot of flexibility because the arrangement and size of the runners could be adjusted to make it fit under most hoods. Incorporating the intercoolers is a really nice touch considering how much extra time, labor and cash it takes to add them to current systems. Maybe $6,500 isn't such a bad price, after-all...
Lets see at 8k total thats about $53.69 per hp (149 hp) gain lol now if they sold HP that way how much would it be worth & how much would we all buy hmmmmmmmmmmm? lol

Are you considering buying it epegasus? If you do i would like to know how it performs.