View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 07:34 PM
awsure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Shelby article

ORIGINAL: purnrg

If I really wanted this car I think I would wait till Hertz gets rid of their rentals and buy one of those, it may even have some potential as a collectors piece since the old Hertz Shelby's can still be seen at shows.
I saw my first GT500 Coupe here in Toronto on the weekend, I have to admit it does look preety good a little quiet though, the owner (an SVT dealer in town) took me for a ride and it does go pretty good as well.
Hopefully they take better care of the higher end rentals than when I worked in that industry. Can't speak for Hertz specifically but when I worked for Alamo (we called in Lame-O for short) we had "release numbers" that we would type in to let the car go out and skip a maintanence window. I had that 20-25 number sequence memorized to the point that I could punch 'em in blindfolded. I had seen cars with 6 months of road time with over $50,000 miles on them (scary)...

Just my experience but I do not think I would ever buy a rental car. That said I would think a specialty car like that would get better treatment...