View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Robbaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 318 upgrades...and troubles

Well, here's what I have going on...In my '73 Challenger with the 318, I decided to get rid of the stock 2 barrel, intake and the distributer(since I had to take it off, might as well replace it, right?) Anyway, I ordered all my parts from Summit, they showed up and today I went to the garage to start my install. The parts list that I got was: Summit stage 3 intake (Air Gap), Summit 4bl 600cfm carb, and went with the Summit Distributer pack as well.
Here's the problems I've run into so far. My stock thermostat housing doesn't match up with the manifold, easy fix though, a chevy style neck bolted right up. I'm also short a couple pipe plugs, need to find a water pipe (old one froze into the manifold) and with the new carb in place, the orginal throttle linkage and stuff is having a hard time lining up. The new carb is a lot wider than the old, so I'm going to have to try and mod the brackets a little...
Hopefully I can get the parts I need tomorrow and get it finished up. Once it's complete, I'll post a couple pic's.
Any advice on the carb is greatly appreciated! I haven't worked on a carb in years, so it's kicking my butt a little.