View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 01:11 PM
6SPDHEMI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many have heard

It doesnt help that the car has very little badging on it. Even the 70s Challengers had more nameplates on the fenders and rear. I ve heard the Mustang comment sooo many times now. I don't mind explaining the heritage of the Challenger and the fact its a DODGE not a Ford. I had several 70s Challengers and always found myself explaining how its NOT a 69 Camaro. I would like to find an old pentastar to put on my passenger fender, that would really throw people off. I can t believe how many people dont even associate HEMIs with Dodge. It is surely a mistake not to market this car as every new Mustang owner I ve come across said they would have waited to buy a Challenger if they only knew they were coming out. Even the owners of many new Chargers didn t know they were out. Hopefully Dodge will see the error of their ways and atleast make a few commercials or something. I would like to see a commercial open with older Challengers "performing" say a 70 T/A road racing or a nice R/T Drag racing and then show the newer Challengers doing the same. I would DVR that ad and play it over and over again!