View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
BkChallenger09R/T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many have heard

My way of purchasing anything. I first weigh the how much do I like it . Look's , option's and price . Can I aford the asking price. Then I look at or drive one . Seat of pants feel . Do I get a good feeling driving it . And is it pratical for me . I looked at the Mustang last year. Drove a 4.6 GT with Stick . Don't remember the price . Think it was maybe $29,000.00 . It did put a smile on my face . And I liked it . The first Mustang I have ever driven . Can understand why people like them . Then looked at the Shelby . I really wanted a automatic . They don't make them . The clutch was very stiff . Didn't think I could handle that with nerve problem's in my leg's from diabetes . I thought about looking at the GT with automatic. But ended up driving a Roush that had a nice clutch but rode rough. Almost purchased it anyway. Wanted something different . Then after almost buying it ( came within $500.00 ) . I decided to wait on the Challenger R/T . Funny really . I ended up with the 6 speed . But it had the upgrade sound system with 368 watt amp. Leather , 20's with 3.92 pos and had nune of the stuff I didn't want . MSRP $36.300.00 . approx. And that is what I gave for it . Wouldn't change a thing . I guess having had a new 71 R/T 340 sort of infected my soul . And never got over it . I'm happy with the looks , car and price . And never owned anything that got so much attention . Except a 83 proto type Monte Carlo SS that I had 6 month's before anyone else in my area. They even shut down a small drag strip long enough for me to make some pass's to see what ET it would run . The crowd loved it . Think it would be the same way with the Challenger now at that strip. Worth every penny I paid for it.