Old 09-19-2006, 05:31 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "The Best and Worst Automotive Makeover-Features"

My opinion. The only ones that I think really deserve recognition as being the best are the G6, Cobalt, and Civic SI. I think there are worse vehicles than those listed that were made over.

The SL-series to the ION. The SL-series isn't exactly what I can an attractive car but it at least had something (really good fuel economy, descent looking interior, decent reliability for the most part). The ION is down right ugly, the speedometer in the middle of the dash is just plain stupid, the fuel economy is lower than the G6 (and its smaller), and it looks cheap.

The 1995 Taurus to the 1996 Taurus. The exterior didn't look bad and the interior had a nice sporty looking design and the materials were decent. The SHO had the choice of two reliable Yamaha designs with the option of a 5-speed manual, as well as good looking body cladding that distriguished itself from the plain-jane Taurus to the more fun SHO model. The 1996 model just looked weird. The SHO of that year looked pretty much the same on the outside as the normal Taurus which was frightening. The engine changed from a smooth, good output per displacement engine to a buzzy Duratech based, super small V8. It was either just as fast or slower than the automatic V6 SHO of the earilier year, but cost more and sucked down more gas. It no longer had a manual option. The radio couldn't be traded out because it had a stupid oval design that no after market radio could replace, partly because they put the climate control on the radio. That is the worst make over in my opinion.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts