Thread: ///////////
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 04:24 PM
BkChallenger09R/T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Life Quarter Mile Times....

TaylorSF . I haven't been to the track . So I don't really know what my 6 speed with 3.92 will do . I tried it out once at about 1500 miles with a friend with me. Touched the ESP button . Side stepped the clutch at about 1500 rpm . It spun some . But not hard . And I thought it ran good to 120 mph. It is a heavy car. I later found out you have to hold the ESP button for awhile to turn it off completely . It just smokes the tire's at 1000 rpm . And I didn't run it though the gears. My car now has 5000 miles and feels much stronger . The only mod is a drop in K&N filter. I didn't buy the car to drag . I was thinking the other day what do I like the most about the car. Looks , sound , feel or power . And decided all of them . One way to turn the ESP off completely . Turn the air compressor on . Let it idle and nail the throttle . Then hit the air condition button to turn it off . That way you will kill some power from spinning to start with . But then turn it all loose . That lowered my ET with a Monte Carlo SS by half a second back in 83 . It didn't have a pos. The idle and stomp it worked best in a 71 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 I ran in NHRA pure stock in the 70's. Let the engine rev. and sort of sling shot against the converter. I had the govenor spring's in the Turbo 400 trimed to shift at 5800. Electronic's today get alot more out of what we have. Think of it . 5.7 = 348 cu someone said . How many stock 350 chev. pulling 4100 lb. ran in 13's years ago. Factory showroom that is . With tuning and blue printing I got the Buick down to 8 sec. flat in 1/8th mile . It weighted 3800 lb. I ran the 315 hp 455 doing that . I'm happy with Challenger and I'm sure I will try it out someday at the track . Maybe . But enjoying just driving it and all the people asking about it .