Thread: Pushbutton
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:35 PM
mot250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pushbutton

It is a nice feature but it still has its querks...

For one, you still need to pull the keyfob out of your pocket (or at least fiddle with it in your pocket) to unlock the car when you walk up to it.

I really wish the dash key hole was lit or the Keyless Go button had a light in it to make it easier to find in the dark.

If you turn the car off with the Keyless Go button, when you get out and start walking away, you better make sure you know where the key fob is before closing all of the doors if you manually hit the lock button on the door panel.

Last, you can not fully disable the ESP/BAS (electronic traction control nanny) with the keyless go button in place. You need to insert that huge keyfob in the dash and give it that extra twist while the car is moving to get the ESP/BAS fully off.

Some other cars with a keyless go feature have a key fob that autmatically unlocks the doors when you get within a certain range of the car, therefore no fumbling for the key at all.

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

It may seem like a novelty, but once your vehicle if so equiped...you will never want to use the key again...it's so nice to just push a button and hear the music coming from the Hemi...

ORIGINAL: brentmannrt09
I know the pushbutton is really a novelty but I paid for it so I might as well have it right?!