Old 09-21-2006, 10:05 PM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walter P. Chrysler Museum Unveils Exclusive 1928 Chrysler Model 72 Le Mans Die Cast

i know that i had more, but i cant seem to find them...[:@]

There are always some featured vehicles which change from time to time, and there seem to be some cars that never change (which i cant find pictures of at the time), at least while ive been going there, which is about 2 years. next time that i go up there i will take lots of pictures, to give you all an idea of what its like!

running from the first floor, up through the second floor to the ceiling is a turntable which holds three cars. when we were there last time, they have one of the prowler concepts, a pt cruiser concept and the original viper concept.

there are three floors...the first floor contains the gift store, usually 3-4 cars, the entrance, and a small history lesson worth of various items.

first floor pictures:
the dodge dude, based on the durango. you can see the large cylinder next to the drivers door...that is where those three cars i mentioned are anchored.

the top floor is where they feature cars, in this case, thje sidewinder, the copperhead, a dart, a challenger, a neon, a pimped out minivan, etc. They take cars from enthusiasts who are willing to have their car in there for a year. there is a theater that plays a steady loop of three short movies about mopar stuff.

top floor pictures:
a hemi dart, and i believe that it is a replica..only 50 were made, and as 50 of the fastest production cars EVER made in the US, they are priceless. in the background, you can see the viper concept and the blue fender of the pt cruiser concept, and right behind the dart, the copperhead concept.

i dont remember the story behind this car...its an AMX, modified for some movie...

Now the attractions that i was the most excited to see...
The copperhead concept

sidewinder concepts

the basement is the "third" floor, and typically has, i think, about 15 cars in there...with a variety of different types, from the team oreca viper which won the 24 hours of daytona, to an old 1st gen ram that won the baja 1000. they also have one of the early nascar intrepid wind tunnel cars, and a stratus sedan race car...along with a bunch of muscle cars...

Third floor pictures

im pretty aggrivated that i cannot find my pictures from the museum earlier...ive probably been there 20 or 30 times...my one complaint with the place is that the lighting is odd, so its tricky to get pictures of all of the cars, all looking nice because i am constantly changing camera modes...

in the parking lot:
a custom green viper

a red viper
[IMG]http://www.dodgeforum.com/upfiles/2745/F23F8F4BF673401D85