View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Chicago Tommy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Midwest members

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I'm in Gurnee, and I am planning a road trip/cruise to the 15th Annual Woodward Dream Cruise (www.woodwardddreamcruise.com). The cruise got it's start as an effort to raise funds for a kids play field in Ferndale, MI. They expected about 250 cruisers, 25,000 showed. Now, in it's 15th year they continue to raise funds for the Boys and Girls Clubs. Funds are raised through merchandise sales. Now as far as the cruise, they typically get about 40,000 cars and about 1.7 million people. Almost needless to say that this is considered the largest one day car event worldwide. You just never know what car will pull up next to you. Oh yeah, it is a 16 mile cruise, taking you through I believe 9 cities.

My goal is to help coordinate a Dodge Challenger caravan out to the cruise and settling in at the cruis eas a group. Though the cruise is a one day event, cruisers are hanging out, cruising, etc. the entire week prior to the official Dream Cruise.

Does anyone have an interest ikn participating in this event? Pleaase post either way.

Many thanks,

Chicago Toimmy
2009 Challenger R/T