Thread: Long doors
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 07:13 PM
epegasus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Long doors

I've had RAMs long enough to get use to this. Dodge spares no expense when it come to doors. They give you all you could ever want. I have rearranged my garage 3 times to put the MOPARs where they stand the least chance of dinging the doors.

Sickest moments EVER:

I'd just finished detailing the '02 RAM and litterally showing a nieghbor my patented technique for caring for a car. Theirs my girl all shiny and gleaming when I decide I need to take a picture or two. I had placed the camera on the arm rest while I was spraying water so it wouldn't get wet. One of the 1st things I told my neighbor was that you should never wear anything made of metal or anything that has sharp edges while detailing a car. That means no watches or rings (really any jewelry of any kind), belt buckles and it also meant no jeans which have metal buttons. I had on cargo pants with plastic buttons but I took my belt off before starting. After finishing and after pulling up my pants 347 times I put my belt back on. Not wanting to open the door and causing water to run down the door from the mirror (typically I use compresed air to get all of it but hadn't done it yet) I leaned through the opened window to grab the camera. I will never forget the sickening sound and the even worst feel of that metal buckle grinding into the paint as I leaned in. All the way through to the metal, baby. The depression set in immediately.

Then there was the time I had towed my motorcycle up to the north Ga. mountains for some corner strafing. To get the bike out of the bed of the truck I have to put the front tires up on a curb to lower the back down so the belly pan of the bike doesn't hit. The truck is a 5 speed manual so I'm trying to gently pop the clutch to just barely get the wheels up on the only curb available which is actually a side walk just wide enough to get the wheels on but my front bumper will just miss a wall. Well I'm starting to smell burning clutch as I'm just missing the sweet spot. I finally loose patience and gun it and pop the clutch and immediately get on the brakes to keep from hitting the wall...or so I think. I had stopped just in time to juuuuuuust shave the paint off of a patch of the bumper without doing any damage to the bumper fascia. I mean it just shaved paint, man. I don't know if I was lucky or unlucky.