View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 09:24 AM
bluestang50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats your preference

A supercharged R/T will spank a SRT8 all day long and get better mileage. Don't waste the money to have someone else install the kit. I say this because they really aren't all that difficult. It may seem overwhelming if you have never done anything of that magnitude to a care before, but if you just take your time, don't rush it, and stick to the instructions it will turn out fine. As far as reliability goes as long as you stick with the stock pulleys/boost level you don't have to be worried about the life of the engine. It is when people start pushing higher boost levels and with a more aggressive tune is when you hear about people destroying engines. The majority of supercharger kits are designed to go on 100% stock vehicles and last a very long time. Just stick with their kit and tune and you will be fine. As soon as the R/T classic comes out i will be buying a 6-speed in B5 blue and my first mod will be a techco/sms supercharger and exhaust. After that i will be done and probably pushing close to 480rwhp which will put my srt8 to shame.