View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Not sure what to do

Sorry for the suspense. Let's just say, I have no been on the computer much after getting the car. We went round trip, non stop, 4:30 in the morning to 1:30 in the morning the next day. That was pretty stupid let me tell you, won't do that again without stopping. However, reading some of the comments, now I'm worried.

Driving back, I would vary the rpm every 30 miles, a little more at first. Not sure if that was enough or not. I would cruise in 6th, then switch to 5th. Wasn't great for gas mileage, but that was the least of my concern. Was actually surprised that the gas mileage was not to bad doing that. Again, not sure if that was enough or not, but I sure hope it is.

I would like to switch out the 20s, cost reason, but I have been advised, like others have said on here, that the ride could be different. I've also heard the diameter of the rotors could cause an issue, but I didn't know they were different from the 18 to the 20s.

The financing didn't work out the way I hoped. I guess Chrysler now has this thing where you have to stay in the loan for three months or you have to pay a penalty. According to the customer service people in India, who said it's a great day at Chrysler when they answered the phone, I have to hold it for six months, but it didn't sound like they knew what they were talking about. Also, if I were to transfer it, then I would lose the $1,000 for financing through them, even though my credit is part of this rebate thing.

Overall, love the car, hated the trip, and hope the engine doesn't fall apart on me.